The room after!
The white hutch that used to be in my kitchen looks great out here
A view out to the back patio
This is my daughter and her friend being silly in the new sunroom.
I decided to hang my collection of barn stars on this large wall
1. If I don't go anywhere during the day, I often get busy and don't get a shower until 3 or 4 o'clock in the afternoon.
2. I come up with my best decorating ideas very late at night or when I awake during the night. Sometimes I go on other blogs during the night too to check out their ideas.
3. I am obsessed with hand washing. It drives my husband and kids crazy. Sometimes I can't even enjoy being out in public because the germs gross me out!
4. Laundry is my least favorite chore. I never can get caught up and it is never done. I would rather scrub toilets.
5. I love being alone. If I don't get some alone time sometime during the week, I feel like I might come out of my skin. I am easily overstimulated.
6. I love bargains (like most people) and I am not embarrased by asking for a cheaper price on just about anything. I do embarras my family doing this though.
7. Organization is not my strong suit. I really have to work at it and I can't seem to keep a room neat and tidy until it is painted and decorated the way I like it.
Tag, you're it!
This is an old candelier that I got for $10 at an antique show . They were asking more, but it was bent so they came down. It is perfect for her room and I don't mind that it's bent. I am not into perfect!
Here is the "little princess" in her room. I got the toybox at a garage sale for $5! I added the scalloped molding and the two frames with the chalkboard and chenille fabric. Then I added the handles and voila! A cute girly, toybox..
This is a sign I made from an old door panel.
This is her bed. I cut the full chenille coverlet to twin size and used the rest to make the sham etc...The bed I bought at a local antique store for $40 and painted it white.
This is an old window that my friend painted on and I added some shutters that I painted pink and my grandmother's hankies are the curtains. This is hanging above her bed.
My friend, Elise, helped me with ideas to turn the cupboard into a kitchen. I hope to pass this one down to the grandchildren. I love to play with it too!