Monday, July 21, 2008

Some new uses for some old things

This is an old door I found at a garage sale in Florida while we were at the beach. I actually got 2 for $10 each and my patient husband was able to unpack and repack the van around the 2 doors to get them home. I knew he loved me then! The chair was another garage sale find for $4. I painted it red and gave it a new home as an end table next to the loveseat in the living room. Elements of surprise in the home make it more fun to live in and visit! I will show you what I did with the other door on another post.

4 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Amy- I'm so glad that you can join my Fall Swap and welcome to the world of blogging, too! I love all your treasures that you have found!:) Please e-mail me your mailing address when you get a minute so I will have it for your partner. My e-mail is toosillysisters@cox.net Lori

Elise said...

I see you joined the swap-yay!! We can go shopping together. I already have a plan for the partner I don't have yet!!
Call me and I can tell you how to add people to your list.
Elise

Katy said...

I absolutely love the door and the chair!! What great finds!!!

Heather of the EO said...

Hi! I came across your blog through your comment on Mama Manifesto. I LOVE your taste and talent. LOVE the desk and such. I'm such a vintage girl.
Someday I will have the cottage living house :)