Friday, May 28, 2010

I Finally Picked a New Front Door Color!

Here is our door last Feb. before the daddy daughter dance; doesn't Makenna look beautiful in her sparkly red dance shoes? Anyway, I loved our wood front door, but it was looking a little worn and really wasn't me. I needed some color, but had trouble finding just the right one. I decided on green...

Here she is in green! I painted it "Ryegrass" from Sherwin Williams then I glazed over it with a Walnut stain. It was a little too bright at first, but the stain toned it down a good bit.


It looks more like an antique door with the stain. That is what I was going for. I just love the raised wood panels.


The hubby says that it doesn't really go with the house, but I am happy with it for now and what does he know about paint colors anyway right? He wanted it black....boring...and yes, we have a porch light out. Off to change that now.

2 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

My favorite color! I heart GREEN!

Elise said...

I LOVE it!! Turned out great!! I need to glaze my door now...
Elise