Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm havin' a Barn Sale!

My friend Elise and I are having a "Vintage Barn Sale" this Friday and Saturday in my backyard. I don't have a barn; I just like the name. We are selling some awesome vintage furniture and decor that we no longer have room for because we both like to shop (a lot)! We also are fixin' up some tag sale finds, making some signs, and pillows, and whatever else we have time to do before then. We should have started preparing much earlier!
I found some cabinet doors and made this sign using this tutorial on one of my favorite blogs,
My Pink Life. Aimee is always very helpful in answering all my crazy questions. Thanks Aimee!
I love how this sign turned out! Hopefully someone will want to take it home.


Here is another one I came up with for a narrow cabinet door. If it doesn't sell, I want this one in my home!

I found this old wooden cutting board at a garage sale and painted and distressed it, then added the letters. I might be sad to see this one leave too!



A few more things that will be for sale is a watering can planter, a vintage collander, and this great orange crocheted throw for fall! I'll share more later. I've got to go sew some pillows!




2 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'd love to be there to shop! Love the signs and the watering can...good luck and I hope you have a great sale♥

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

That is wonderful... I so wish I lived NEAR, even the same time zone for that matter... hahahaha
I love your signs!