Monday, October 19, 2009

Easy Circle garland and more Autumn goodness

The lighting is not good in my kitchen this time of day, so this picture came out really bad...sorry! I wanted to show you this very cute and simple garland. I can't take credit for making it. I bought it for $7.50 at an antique store. I could make it, but would have spent more than that buying all this yummy fabric that this talented lady used. I also found these brown paper leaves there too and hung them from the garland with a brown gingham ribbon.
Here is a closer look. She just cut the fabric into circles and sewed them all together with a simple stitch.


She did two layers of fabric and put wrong sides together. The fabric on the other side was a different fabric.


Very simple! Even I could do this one and I love the variety of fabrics!


Here is a fun touch of fall outside my front door. My kids just love scrarecrows and they each like to have one that is "them". This is Bryce and Makenna and the baby one is on the porch. I got this cart last year for $10 at my favorite store. Not bad huh! It usually lives out back under the tree by the patio. I just set some mums on it and two little scarecrows. I would love to do an old box piled high with pumpkins and bittersweet, but pumpkins can be expensive!


I just got this "R" flag at Kirklands on sale for $9.99. I have been eyeing them for awhile. I love the simplicity of it. It adds some "cottage" character to our home. I don't love garden flags usually, but I love this one!


Here is one of my favorite things dressed up for fall on top of my entertainment center....my bunny weathervane. She is sitting on top of the bread box I used as a kid. I painted it red and use it for display now. I also just adore white pumpkins! They are my favorite!






3 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I just ADORE that garland... I just might have to try that, but you're right it was a steal at $7.50! Love the fall decor!

Elise said...

LOVE the garland!! That is so cute!! I am so gonna make one...
Elise

Katherine Ann said...

Beautiful Amy!!