Monday, February 28, 2011

I Chose Dark Floors!

I finally made a decision about which hardwood floors I wanted and they started on Friday. I am so excited! They took up the carpet in the living room first. It is only 2 yrs. old so we put that carpet in my daughter's room and took out her old carpet. It took me awhile to decide if I wanted hardwood in the Family Room, but I knew it was "now or never" so I took the plunge.
BTW, I repainted this room in a color called Wool Skein by Sherwin Williams. Do you like it? I haven't done the foyer yet...we usually don't have all that furniture in the foyer either.
The kids skated on the concrete floors all weekend and had a blast! They wanted to keep these floors, but mommy had other plans!

Today started the tearing out of the old and damaged wood floors (we had a leak). This was a much louder, messier and dustier process than I first imagined. We had to leave the house or have ringing in the ears for days...


I can't believe how fast they worked. They got all the old out and laid the new floor in one day. It would have taken us at least a week I am sure!

Here is the new floor tonight and I just love it! I will take more pics in the daylight, but the floor is the perfect mix of rustic elegance. It is an engineered wood made by Shaw called Nottaway Hickory and the color is Weathered Saddle. It is handscraped which gives it a wavy look and the price was very reasonable. They have to come back tomorrow and do the shoe molding, so for now we are sleeping with the oven and the couch in our bedroom. More pics to come!




7 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

It looks great Amy... I think skating in the living room would be AWESOME and I am sure it's a memory your children will always cherish...

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

It looks great Amy... I think skating in the living room would be AWESOME and I am sure it's a memory your children will always cherish...

Jackie L said...

WoW!! What a tranformation!! They look beautiful!! From experience it just makes such a DIFFERENCE!! :)

Unknown said...

It looks great! I like the dark wood.

Unknown said...

thanks for the tips and "details" today :). I enjoyed talking to you!

Mommy of Grace and Joy said...

And a perfect decision you made! It looks amazing.

Pamela said...

OMG I am having major floor envy right now!! Your floors are gorgeous and the fact that they ripped out and installed in one day is AMAZING!! Hubby and I are DIYing it and lets just say we are in month # 2!! Mentioned ya on my blog this eveinng!