Thursday, February 11, 2010

The clawfoot tub I've dreamed of is in!



She finally made it in from the garage and man, she is a beauty! It was worth the wait. I should have turned on the light for the picture, but oh well. She is not totally hooked up yet, so I have not been able to dive in yet...
The feet are so graceful and lovely in white!




I went vintage on the faucet in shiny chrome and I just love that stopper drain!


It was not easy getting her in, but they did it with no dings or scratches and we did not have to take any door molding off. Whew!



Brayden was the first one to try it out. He liked watching the ball roll around in it.


You can see the wallpaper I chose for the toilet closet in the back. My mom put it up for me and I love it! It is the one pop of bold color and pattern in the room. Thanks Mom! My dad was even pitching in and installed the toilet. Thanks Dad! I know that was not a fun job!

I put up a roller shade from Home Depot over this window for nightime privacy. It only cost $14 and I will be adding some fabric to it and maybe some trim to gussy it up a bit. Stay tuned...








6 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

When I come to visit can I take a bath?? hahahaha

Elise said...

Love it!! Cannot wait to see it in person.
Elise

Artfulife said...

Amy it's just lovely! The floors look great & the wallpaper is awesome!

Katherine Ann said...

love it, love it!!! The tub looks like it was born to be there :)

Twice as Nice said...

Love the tub and that window is breath taking. You are a lucky girl.

Melanie Mangascle said...

Wow, Ame! I love the tub...it looks like it's coming close to completion. What a relief when you get to enjoy the finished product?!