Here is our little bathtub alcove BEFORE we started the molding.
I recruited some (cute) help and we got this job rolling.Here is the cute help's assistant. They worked great together!The lighting is bad here, but this is the almost finished project. I just love how this project turned out! It was actually pretty simple and my non DIYer hubby did great! I also did the "stained glass" window with a kit I bought to create some privacy and add interest. It will still need a shade over the window though. This is the new light outside of the shower. I got it from Ikea for $29.99. You can see a peak of the door I painted black too. Here are the other lights that will be above the vanities. I got them off ebay and both the glass globes broke in shipment, so I have to get replacements. Of course, I also have some sheetrock patching to do...I found this today that will make the job SO much easier!
The below picture is not my house, but an inspiration picture of what I want to do on the ceiling. I will just have one beam in the bathroom, but I love the look of these!
After checking some prices, those beams are over $100 each, so I am making my own. I bought this 2x6 at Home Depot for $6.00I then bought this gel stain in Walnut color. I love this stuff, by the way! Here is my beam with one coat of stain. I probably will do another one and then me and hubby will attempt to hang it. It will screw into the wood roof truss at the peak of the ceiling. Can't wait to show you the completed $6 beam! Stay tuned...