Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week- a sweet gift idea

This is what my kids brought to their teachers today. I used a wide mouth jar I already had and put chocolate covered strawberries inside. I added some coconut to some of them too. I made the tag out of scrapbook paper and printed out the note: "It is such a treat to have you as my teacher."

I did not have the lid to the jar, so I cut a square of fabric with pinking shears and tied some yarn around it to hold it on. Then I added the ribbon and gift tag.




I used this chocolate candy coating from the grocery store to coat the strawberries. You can melt it in the microwave and dip the strawberries in it. It makes a hard shell when it dries. It also comes in white chocolate.

I would love to hear if you try this idea for your kids' teachers!

Hope you are having a great week!